Weight Loss Goal (Revised)

1. joe says:

Way to go buddy. If anyone can pull of that goal, it’s definitely you. You are an inspiration.

2. Marc says:

Good luck mate, I’m sure you’ll have a good go at it!

3. bossymommy says:

You can doooo it! Over 6 feet tall and big guns, too? Oh, mommy, hold me down. (o:

Settle down. My wife reads this blog :)

5. bossymommy says:

Ok. I dumped some ice water on my head. I’m good now.

6. Daniel says:

Hi Tyler, a question on goal setting: isn’t it generally a better idea to reach a goal, and *then* set a higher goal, rather than raising the bar before you’ve surmounted it?

I’m curious which method is more motivating to people. And I’m thinking that this can be applied to many areas of life, not just body weight.

Dan
    Casual Kitchen

7. bossymommy says:

T…I’m with Dan on this one. Easy, boy, easy. Set mini goals until you get to where you want to be. Having an ultimate goal in mind is always good (you know, like 199), but don’t keep raising the bar on yourself until you’ve cleared all the smaller hurdles first.

8. Will says:

You go, Ty. I think it’s great that you’re raising the bar based on what you’ve seen yourself do and what you want to accomplish. I’m doing the same thing. I find it extremely motivating pushing myself to do more. I have no doubt that you’ll reach your new goal. And once you do, I’m just as sure you’ll have a new one to keep you challenged and growing!

I’m done with setting small goals — I had them at the beginning.

My eyes are set on the whole thing.

10. bossymommy says:

Well shut my mouth, then. Go get it.