Elliptical & Treadmill Workout Pledge
Hello, Consumerist. I have a workout pledge for you.
Since most of you are new to the site, here’s how workout pledges go. Basically, I allow my readers (that’s you!) to determine how long I sweat at the gym. It isn’t as simple as you telling me to workout (hey jerk, workout for 3 hours!), you have to complete one (or all) of the small tasks I outline below:
1. Post a comment: +15 seconds. Just comment to this post. It can be a “Good luck!” or it could be your life story. I’d be happy to read both.
2. Follow me on twitter: +30 seconds. I like to tweet.
3. Follow me on Facebook: +30 seconds. Join my new Facebook page and get absolutely nothing of value other than adding 30 seconds to my workout.
4. Subscribe to RSS feed: +45 seconds. I’m not really sure what RSS means.
5. Link to 344Pounds.com = +1 minute. You can link to me from your blog, Facebook, Twitter page, Digg, Plenty of Fish profile, etc. For every link I receive, I’ll workout 45 seconds.
Unlike previous workout pledges, this is not just for one machine — this is for two, the elliptical and the treadmill. If the total time for this pledge comes to 75 minutes for example, I’ll spend that time on both machines. I’ll complete 75 minutes on the treadmill, take a short break, then get on the elliptical!
I’ll upload pictures to twitter as I workout, too. I’ll go through with the pledge Saturday morning in case anybody wants to be online to cheer me on.
Or not. I’d be sleeping, personally.
You have until 7 PM (Eastern) Wednesday to add time to my workout. So, if you want to add me to your blogroll, RSS feed, Facebook, etc and make me earn your friendship, you have about 30 hours to do so.
It’s up to you. How long will I workout Saturday?
This has ended! This Saturday (UPDATED: Friday night at 7 PM) I will be working out for 93.4 minutes on BOTH machines. Be on twitter Friday night for live updates!