Turning 24 Years Old on Sunday

By the way, I consider meeting my wife and having my daughter a very wonderful occurrence in my life, but they’re not “goals” that I’ve accomplished.

I didn’t have on my New Years resolutions list in 2004 to get married and have a baby — it was to lose weight. It’s been that way forever, the wife and baby just “happened.” They are the absolute best thing to ever happen to me, but I don’t call classify them as “goals,” like winning at basketball or something.

Just wanted to clarify!

2. Allison says:

Happy early birthday! I’m gunna buy you a gift card through Amazon and let you buy what you want with it! You’ve helped me out so much thru my journey, its the least I can do….

3. Daniel says:

Happy Birthday Tyler! Congrats on what you’ve accomplished here and keep it up. It’s amazingly inspiring.

Dan
    Casual Kitchen

4. Matt says:

Happy Early Birthday, Just in case I miss it on Sunday. I would have to say that my weight has always been on the top of my list for everything and looking back on the years, I’m not 100% sure how I’ve made it this far without doing anything about it. But there is nothing you can do about the past, only deal with the present and try not to make the same mistakes in the future. Oh, and on that the Macbook wish, my came true last year and I highly recommend them to anyone.

5. Steve says:

It must feel wonderful to finally have accomplished the major goal of losing over 100 pounds. I am sooo proud of you!

Keep up the hard work and enjoy your time off. Get some rest but keep us posted on how it goes.

I don’t have to lose 100+ pounds but your blog has definitely helped me get back on track to losing the 30 or so pounds necessary for me to be where I need to be.

I love your blog. Keep it up!

Happy birthday.

6. Jim says:

Happy birthday!

Let me pass on a little recommendation on the laptop (as someone who does web stuff as well and knows a thing or 2 about computers), Get the 15″ or 17″ MacBook Pro. The extra screen space will be worth it, trust me. Plus the regular MacBook 13.3″ aluminum body was discontinued shortly after being introduced. Might as well go for the latest/greatest.

7. Joy Manning says:

Happy early birthday Tyler! If you don’t have a rich benefactor/reader to buy you the Mac book, maybe you could set up a way to contribute via pay pal on the site? Then everyone could chip in a little and help you get a tool that you need and all of us would love you to have. Just a thought!

8. fabkate says:

I have that same desk in black. You’ll LOVE it, plenty of workspace!

9. Tamikka says:

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day, your family and your vacation. Can you imagine being at goal for your next biryhday?! Awesome!!

I’m not sure about putting up a PayPal link, but Amazon does allow you to give gift cards. :)

11. Sandra says:

Happy Birthday Tyler!! You have already given yourself the best present ever. A longer life. Thousands of days of more memories with the people you love.

12. bossymommy says:

Happy Birthday, T! I’ll be traveling on Sunday (Chicago to Omaha, then Omaha to home), so I won’t likely have a chance to say it on Sunday. Hope you get that Macbook!

13. Mike says:

Happy Birthday! I might be missing the option on Amazon, but what if we wanted to send you something that isn’t on your wish list. Can we do that?

Sure, I can either add it for you or you can mail it to me personally. Just let me know!

15. Casey says:

You “need” to add the Polar F6 Men’s Heart Rate Monitor Watch to your list.

16. Hanlie says:

Your greatest gift this birthday is the one you’ve given yourself!

17. kate says:

Happy future birthday!

18. cedric says:

Bigtime late comer to the site. You’re only 25? W0w. For some reason I was projecting. Im 34 and have been reading you every day for the last 2 weeks. Thanks for this blog, and thanks for helping me see enough to get off my a**. The little changes you made, your candor, the 2000 calorie ‘human sized’ dietary choices, all help to show that its easier in some ways then all the sites and diet gurus make it look. Its all just work, in the end.