Featured on CBS Affiliate WLTX

1. looking good Tyler! Glad to see you getting some recognition for all the hard work. I love 5 guys also, but man, I can’t go in that place now – SOOO Tempting! lol

Hope you are doing great!

2. Alisha says:

Love the footage from five guys.

3. Molly says:

Tyler the Tank :)

4. Dan says:

Hello from right down the road! Just saw your story on WLTX. I’m actually in the process of starting my own trek back down the scales. I had an idea for weight loss similar to what you are working with, however, it was not as nearly polished or well written.

Even though i’m sure you already know this – you are an inspiration to those of us who think we’ll never have just one chin again.

Thank you for your blog, your record of events and your expressions. Good luck on your continued achievements.

5. Nia says:

Great interview! I try to live by your cliff notes every day. I wouldn’t be able to live on salad for the rest of my life either!!!

6. Matt says:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. Ditch the nautilus weight machines!

Get some free weight action going. There’s too much isolation in those machines – if you do a bench press on the machine, it works your arms and chest. If you do it with free weights, it works your your shoulders, your abs…even your legs as you steady your body and try to balance the bar.

There so much more benefit, especially if your goal is to get strong, to using free weights. A bicep machine works just your bicep. I never carried in a sack of groceries with just my biceps.

I highly recommend stronglifts 5×5. It has you doing 5 reps of 5 exercises each session that give you a total workout. These are the ones you alternate between.

Squats, bench press, overhead press, inverted rows, pushups, reverse crunches, deadlifts, pull/chin-ups, and prone bridges.

7. Joy Manning says:

Awesome interview Tyler! Great job spreading the inspiration around.

8. Jerilyn says:

How exciting for you! I’m so proud of you and glad that you’re getting your message out there.

I’m getting ready for my close-up, though it’s not CNN. Kansas City Fitness Magazine contacted me to do a feature story on my weight loss and Hospital Hill Run is doing a media piece on me as well. It’s kind of exciting.

9. Amy says:

Tyler you look great andf I love that you show that you can still enjoy the not so healthy stuff. People who are successful know that 80 percent of the time you eat the good for you and 20 percent you eat the it tastes good. You reinspired me to loose the 10 lbs I had gained since I originally lost the 100. Its so good to be back on track and moving in the right direction. Although thats the other half isn’t it…. Moving! Great Job!

10. I can’t get the video to play. Hmm…maybe I’m a little slow tonight.

11. R.H. says:

You definitely have the right path! I totally agree that it’s okay to eat “unhealthy” sometimes. Believe me, college is great, but it’s too hard to give up all the junk food, and if I did, I would have quit months ago. Keep it up! You inspire me every time I go to the gym to push myself further!

12. kate says:

What always kills me about the doctors saying “don’t do this” is the fact that they do it themselves. Find me ONE doctor that never has something fatty, salty or sweet EVER. Even vegans have their treats.

13. No kidding, Kate. My Mom has worked in hospitals for years and years, and the things I could tell you. But, the one deal that I found most fascinating is that one of my Mom’s really good friends (an ER Doc) is a …SMOKER! A chain smoker, no less. Crazy.

14. Derek says:

Awesome video. Congratulations on being able to spread your message!

15. bossymommy says:

Hey now, you’re a rock star, get the show on, get paid…

For some reason this post made me want to sing that song. Love your guts to pieces, T.

16. keith says:

Great interview!

17. Frank Dobner says:

I couldn’t get the video to play very well, but it was great to hear your voice.

Well hello there handsome man!

19. Bubba says:

Been following your blog since it was profiled on The Consumerist. What is else is there to say? You’re a fooken bad-ass! Great work, great inspiration, great everything!