Week 73: Weigh-in Results

1. Alan says:

Thanks for sharing, Tyler. I’m attempting a similar loss. Do you wish you’d have do this stage earlier, or do you think the right way to go is losing the weight, then building definition?

2. Michelle says:

Woot Woot! I’m actually quite excited for your next week’s weigh in, even though the scale doesn’t matter at this point.. it’s still an exciting visual :)

3. greg says:

Hey, seeing a crease right beneath your biceps! I’m getting one of those when I flex the muscle, too. Got the belly flab like you but mine has a little more fat in it — yours looks looser. Will be getting my caliper test Saturday for the official end of my first month at the gym. The scale hasn’t really moved much for me but there are visual changes. I’m curious as to what your weight is going to be. Have you been using the electrical impedance test to see your fat loss? The thing I worry about for dieting is they say if you do it wrong you’re losing muscle along with fat to make the numbers go down. You’ll get some people who tell you that you can’t put on muscle at the same rate you’re taking off fat but others will disagree with that. I’ve downsized my pants and the new size is fitting tight and snug so we’ll see how long it takes to become loose again!

I wish I would have, absolutely. It would’ve made the weekly weigh-ins a little slower (even that’s debatable), but the actual physical appearance now would be completely different.

I haven’t had any tests to determine my fat loss, it just seems all too unnecessary considering how much fat I have (a lot) and loose skin (a lot). As my appearance starts to change more, I’ll definitely consider a test.

I wouldn’t miss this ride for anything in the world.

7. Sean says:

We need a new metric for progress. I understand your frustration in showing almost the same picture every wednesday. Can you do a few body fat %’s. I think it would help your motivation.

8. I can definitely see the back muscles looking more defined, so keep at it.

Going strong on my third week of lifting, just basic stuff to get strong and lose fat. Not too worried about definition myself, but of course I’m not near where you are right now.

Keep up the good work.

9. ohtobelessme says:

Tyler: I signed up for your forum but I cannot post or reply to messages. Possibly something is wrong with my account. If you can look into this I would appreciate it as I would like to join the biggest loser competition. I definitely need it. Thanks.

10. chewpoo says:

Looking good Tyler! Keep up the good work!

11. Jay says:

I believe in you Tyler, though I’ll stick around until next year and follow your progress.

I know you hear this all the time, but you’re a beacon of hope for a lot of people, and I appreciate what you do here.

Keep it up! :)

Cheers,

12. Glenn says:

Great progress! I will be dropping by for a spot of inspiration when I find my own quest lagging.

13. emilyFIT.com says:

Hi Tyler,

Just wanted to echo the others. You are looking very good! Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and know that you are an inspiration to so many.

I’ve just started my own journey down a similar road (blog: http://www.emilyFIT.com) and have high hopes of being successful. Actually, let me rephrase that: I will be successful. I am successful. :)

14. I’ve spent about an hour today reading through bits and pieces on your site, and all I can say is well done! You’re a great inspiration for someone like me who’s just starting out and has over 100 pounds to lose. Keep up the good work!