Week 77: Weigh-in Results

1. Scott Kilborn says:

Sorry that you were sick! the good news is you are building some serious muscle, bro!!! i know it doesn’t look how you want with the loose skin but I have respect for you showing it. I don’t know of any other blogger that comes out and shows it like you do

2. cookiemonster says:

Big broad shoulders on that first picture! Hubba, hubba!

3. Danielle says:

Hip hip, hooray! Congrats, Tyler! You’re working so hard, and it’s paying off. 😀

I’m trying to lose a few pounds, too. My husband and I have been cooking more and eating out less (we live in Brazil, and almost all restaurants are buffet/ all-you-can-eat style, which makes it VERY hard to have self control!), and I’ve been going to the gym every weekday. I have my monthly evaluation at the gym next week, so we’ll see.

Thanks for the inspiration!

4. suzanne says:

Glad your starting to feel better!! You are looking awesome :)

5. Bonnie says:

May I add something that you already know? When beginning to weigh-in again, have you thought about measuring your body fat %? I know that has helped me alot when weight lifting so that I don’t get discouraged by weight gain. The weight gain was really muslce gain and fat loss, but the wonderful scale doesn’t tell us that.

Anyway, that’s my measly two cents. Best wishes!

6. Reinaldo says:

Yeah, there is beef at your shoulders! And I second Bonnie about the body fat measurement.

It’s getting hot in here! I’m flattered, but happily married!

I appreciate the kind comment, Scott. I don’t really follow what too many other bloggers (except for the ones that post here), I just like to do my own thing.

Yeah, it’s paying off. It takes so long, but I know that I’m doing the right thing. Faith has a lot to do with losing weight.

Thanks, Suzanne!

I definitely need to get on this. Thanks for the push. I’ll look around online and find some good calipers to test my fat with.

Awesome! I like beef around the arms and shoulders, just not in the midsection.

13. ali says:

You are looking so good and I do like the shoulder AND the arms!
    The comment “the number doesn’t carry the same importance these days, I will still use it to measure progress. ” resounds with me.
    You’re on such a journey! Thanks for taking us along.

14. Sean says:

I’ve been almost more eager to see your change than my own, as I’m curious if you’ll actually see a drop that’s at all drastic, considering an increase in muscle build.

15. jollyreaper says:

I’ll second and triple that. Test shirts and test pants will help you keep it all in perspective. The scale lies so bad, you’d think it was running for office.

Tyler, this is one crazy journey we’re on. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone and at the same time I want everyone to get what I’m getting. Everyday I think about you and all of those that have directly influenced my decision to get up and fight for my life. Everyday I am pushed forward by the support / inspiration given to me to keep moving, to keep sweating and to keep looking forward. I hit Onederland this morning (officially) and I can’t help but remember the day you posted your Onederland picture. I did the same…just the picture nothing else (I couldn’t get it to have a halo of light like yours – you know I tried though).

So to answer your question of “hows my journey”, it’s tough and full of ups and downs but I wouldn’t give it up for anything. Thanks for letting me be a part of your journey and even more, thank you for being a part of mine!

17. Trinity says:

And the beginning of a farmers tan to BOOT, congrats, Tyler. You look great.