Weight Loss Motivation

1. Jason says:

I’m fighting. I don’t need to lose weight for any immediate health issues, but I am already looking forward to the beach in 2011.

You have, have, have to plan ahead or else you wont’ reach your goals!

2. Denver Doug says:

Stellar man, you nailed it. I’m a little of number 1 and 2, don’t have a whole lot of weight to lose, but my weight loss motivation is to look good at my brothers wedding in feb and train for my first race a couple months after that. Maybe I’ll even run the 10k with you!!

You’re right. I’m planning for beach season too, already have my next vacation planned. I can’t wait until March of next year or whatever to start working toward my goals, I have to start TODAY!

That’d be great, send me an e-mail or post a message on the forum if you want to meetup and race.

5. KC says:

I’m definitely #1 and #3. Except I’m gonna hit the waterpark instead of the beach.

6. MikeW says:

I am losing weight primarily for #1, but also to avoid #3. When I visited the doctor’s office in April this year for a minor back injury, and tipped the scales at 301, I started to realize then that I really NEEDED to change my life and lose weight. I did not have any direct weight-related illness, yet, but it was only a matter of time.

The success I have had so far is a big motivator for me. I have finally made the right changes in my life, and it is working. Seeing the changes, and the way I feel, is what makes me want to keep on this path. It is the kind of motivation that makes it really easy to say “no” to the habits that got me to 301.

7. Michael says:

I love this blog. Keep it coming. I will definitely recommend it to my clients.

8. Denise says:

Has anyone tried text messaging to count calories? I use HelloFood for that and its working really well.

I agree about planning ahead – very important.

Keep it up!!

Seeing as how you’re in Colorado, that’s a good idea.

I think success does bring more success, but eventually the scale (and success) is no longer enough to motivate you. That’s how I was, motivated by my progress every week, but I got to the point of asking myself: what’s the point?

That’s when I think it’s important to strive for something, try to reach a goal, and to keep finding new reasons to lose weight.

Glad you like it.

I’ve never tried it, but it sounds like another good idea.

I lost weight to be healthy and happy. I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, body aches, I was developing diabetes. I was miserable and scared to be diabetic. I lost the weight to improve my weigh of life.

I set a small goal (50 pounds) by my brother’s wedding because I needed a specific date to work towards. It worked. I weighed in 50 pounds lighter 2 days before the wedding. Then I continued to lose another 60.

No matter what the motivation, dedication to a program works!

14. Nathan says:

Motivation! Great post Tyler.
    Looking forward to some running reports :)

15. Joe says:

I’m losing weight because I don’t want to take ten pills each day to fight this Type 2 Diabetes that I was diagnosed with last summer.

And looking good on the beach wouldn’t hurt, either!

16. Dan Kirkman says:

i am losing my for the kids at the school first and foremost to show them we can do anything we set our mind to. then myself the kids have inspired me to live again and given me a new lease on life at 41 i will lose 111 pounds from June of 2010 to June 2011 that is my goal and my focus as of Sunday i was at 277 i am 58 pounds down 53 to go i am on the down hill slope. for every pound i lose i give the kids $10 bucks half goes to some kind of motivational assembly this year the other half goes to a scholarship i have started for them when they graduate high school. with out them i would still be fat and lost in life. i had failed my self many times when it came to weight loss. i wont fail the kids at all