I’ve listened to a lot of music in the gym ver the last two years.
I’m a music aficionado. When I was a young stud with a bright red Mustang, I’d roll the windows down and cruise the interstate with no particular place to go. I’d have my favorite CDs loaded in my 6-disc CD changer and drive from Summerville where I lived at the live down to the ocean, Charleston, about 20-miles away, and then drive back again.
The Mustang has long since been sold, but my love for music remains.
I’ve made dozens of workout playlists over the last two years since starting this journey with hundreds of different songs. Some songs make the cut and are kept on new playlists, while others are on a couple of playlists and are never listened to again at the gym.
These are the twenty songs that have constantly made the cut — all highly recommended.
- Switchfoot – Meant to Live
- Saliva – Ladies & Gentlemen
- Kanye West – Stronger
- Kanye West – Lights
- Jay-Z – Run this Town
- Jay-Z / Linkin Park – Encore
- Disturbed – Stricken
- Godsmack – Re-align
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- Our Lady Peace – Not Enough
- The Who – Who Are You
- People in Planes – Last Man Standing
- My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade
- Live – I Alone
- Kanye West – Jesus Walks
- John Cafferty – Hearts on Fire (Rocky Soundtrack)
- Nickelback – Burn it to the Ground
- Outback – BOB
- Shinedown – Sound of Madness
- Marc Cohn – Walking in Memphis
And yes, that’s Marc Cohn on the same playlist as Kanye West and Eminem.