Surround Yourself by Things That Motivate You
Want to lose weight? My story has been featured on CBS' The Doctors, CNN, and The Huffington Post. Learn how I lost over 125 pounds (100lbs in 6 months!) by clicking here.
I surround myself with reminders of my weight loss, hoping that they’ll be there for me when I might need a boost of willpower and motivation.
The above is part of a movie poster (300) that hangs in my upstairs office. It’s one of a few posters in my office, the others being of The Matrix and Marilyn Monroe, that I use to motivate me when the going gets tough.
Sound dumb? That’s okay. The posters are meant to motivate me, not you.
You’ll need to find what motivates you:
- Keep a good playlist (inspiring lyrics!) in your car to listen to constantly and never let it get dull or boring
- Set a motivating desktop and cell phone background.
- Hang up a piece of paper with your weight loss progress on your frige to remind yourself everytime you open it up
- Put your little girl’s pictures in your office.
- Place inspiring quotes on sticky notes around your house — mirrors are always a good place
Do whatever you need to do to stay motivated to lose weight.
Even if you don’t feel like you lack in motivation today, the point is to keep a handful motivation by your side for when you do — whenever that may be. I’m pretty motivated on a normal Tuesday or Wednesday morning. But what happens come Friday night? Or Saturday morning?